Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Down with the sickness

Ugh, hayfever. I hate it... never had it before, but apparently I do get it in japan. Last night Michael and myself stayed in a capsule hotel in nagoya - it was a very nice one, almost like a REAL hotel. They had a very nice bath/sauna/hot tub area, only drawback was you had to be COMPLETELY naked to go in - so there was a bunch of naked old dudes - along with michael and me, sitting in hot water. I didn't really have time to take pictures of the capsules, but if/when I visit another one I'll be sure to take some. Today was Kyoto, got in at 11:39. We went to see Nijo castle - a spectacular feudal era complex, complete with a moat. It was very old looking - the castle itself was 400 years old. We started going to the golden pavilion but I started to feel my symptoms and it was getting cold so I headed back to the hostel. So I've been here for a while, made a trip to the pharmacy to get some medicine - hopefully I feel better tomorrow. I'll put up a link to some pictures when I get the chance - tomorrow evening most likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment