Thursday, March 19, 2009

Afternoon - Day 1

This afternoon I went down to the Sensō-ji Temple in Asakusa. It was a very nice (although slightly tourist oriented) area. The street leading up to the shrine was lined with fake cherry blossoms - they still looked nice and added to the atmosphere. It was quite busy in the shopping area, but a little less packed in the shrine area. I visited the temple building and put in an offering (for ritual's sake) then toured the surrounding area.

On the main streets surrounding there were plenty of shops and restaurants, I stopped at a Starbucks and got a "Grande Matcha Frappicino Blended Cream", it was pretty good. There is a covered "street" nearby Sensō-ji lined with shops, I took a walk down there and decided to go back to the subway station and take the next train to Shibuya.

I arrived at Shibuya Stn, checked my map and proceeded to the Hachiko exit, the station itself wasn't that busy, but outside was something else. I took a few pictures and wandered around for a while, looking for the statue of Hachiko - took me about 10 minutes of searching (... I know its easy to find - but you have to know where you are in relation to a map, lol). Took some pictures of the statue then headed back to Khaosan.

I plan to take a break for a couple hours - then maybe I'll head over to Akihabara for the evening.

Afternoon photos here
Quick video of the shopping arcade leading up to the temple here.

No comments:

Post a Comment